Leafy vineyards, majestic mountains, Riviera sunshine, Roman remains and fortified towns combine with great food and wine for an engaging ‘Tour de France’. As a “Country Roads” Insight Vacations Tour you’re taken off the beaten track, to explore France in a bit more detail? Insight Vacations will whisk you off along Country Roads – far from the well-trodden tourist trail – to explore hidden retreats and enjoy local produce at its best with Farm-to-Table dining.
- Albi: This is the birthplace of artist, Toulouse Lautrec. Walk the town and marvel at the awe-inspiring cathedral.
- Lascaux II Caves: These caves contain some of the oldest and finest prehistoric art in the world. For preservation reasons, they have been replicated in all their glory.
- Paris: See the monuments, museums, buildings and bridges on a Seine River cruise through the heart of Paris.
- Côte d’Azur: Visit a perfumery to learn about the French perfume industry and discover your signature scent.
- Monaco: Enjoy a drive along part of the Grand Prix circuit. Wander the old town to see the Royal Palace, the yacht-filled harbour and visit the cathedral to see the Tomb of Princess Grace.
- St-Paul de Vence: Discover the beauty of this hilltop town and why it became a refuge for artists.
- Arles: See the ancient bridges of Pont du Gard, Pont Saint-Bénézet and Pont d’Avignon. Pass the medieval battlements to the town centre and see the Papal Palace.
- Bastille Day: Celebrated across France on 14th July, Bastille Day commemorates the end of the French Monarchy. Witness the remarkable display of fireworks lighting up the warm summer sky and perhaps join in one of the traditional balls.
Planning your holiday with Fine Travel
We aim to give our clients the comfortable that all aspects of their holiday are organised. When you book your Insight Vacations tour through us, you can also take advantage of:
- “Earlybird” and repeat client discounts that Insight Vacations offers.
- Our experience working with the various airlines that fly between New Zealand and the UK / Europe to help you find suitable flights.
- Our ability to book accommodation through New Zealand’s largest travel wholesale companies and international brands such as Expedia and Bookings.com).
- Our role as a single point of contact for the different suppliers involved in your holiday. We can deal with the airlines, hotels, tour companies, insurance companies etc. on your behalf.
Prices published by Fine Travel are indicative only and are subject to confirmation with Insight Vacations. All group tours are subject to availability. Each itinerary is based on information sourced from Insight Vacations and is subject to change.