Terms and Conditions for our Professional Services
Please take a few minutes to read our terms & conditions and confirm that you have read, understood and accept the terms and conditions relating to your travel arrangements made by Fine Travel.
Our prices are based on payment by cash, cheque or eftpos. If your preferred method of payment is credit card, please advise your Fine Travel travel professional.
Please also state whether you have been offered travel insurance. (Should you decline our recommended policy, we cannot accept responsibility for any loss caused through insufficient or lack of insurance cover).
If you have not produced copies of your passport(s) to Fine Travel, then Fine Travel is absolved from all resposibility regarding your passport(s) / visa(s), re-entry documentation and vaccination requirements.
Upon your acceptance of our quotation (which may include amendments as specified by you in writing) we will endeavour to secure your bookings and provide you with tickets and vouchers for transportation, accommodation and other services and activities as detailed, subject to the following:
TERMS, BOOKING CONDITIONS & GENERAL INFORMATION APPLYING TO YOUR TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS MADE WITH FINE TRAVEL.
Please read the following conditions carefully.
1. We are a travel agent and in that capacity we offer for sale to you various products and/or services on behalf of our Principals viz. airlines, other transport operators, hotels and other accommodation providers, tour operators and all other Principal suppliers. These are referred to throughout as “the Principals”
1. 1 Our services consist of arranging and co-ordinating the services offered by the Principals. We are instrumental in bringing about a direct contractual relationship between you, the customer, and the Principals. We undertake to perform our services with reasonable care and skill but we cannot and do not guarantee the performance of the functions offered by the Principals and we will not be liable in the event that you suffer loss, injury or disappointment by reason of any acts or failings of any Principal. In any such case your remedy will lie against the Principal.
1. 2 You should be aware that the brochures/flyers/offers which we supply to you are the brochures/flyers/offers of our Principals and that the statements and representations contained in such brochures are not ours but are made by the Principals. Unless we specifically advise you otherwise we have no first hand knowledge of the facilities or services referred to therein. We are merely passing on to you the Principal’s instructions and we accept no liability for any inaccuracies or misrepresentations contained in such brochures/flyers/offers.
2. We strongly recommend that you take out a travel insurance policy contemporaneously with the payment for your travel. Your Fine Travel Professional will provide you with a quotation from our preferred provider. If it is possible to do so, such insurance should cover the financial collapse of all parties involved in providing services to you during your travel as well as protecting you against medical expenses arising from sickness or injury during your travel and against loss of or damage to your belongings.
Cancellation or Amendment
3.1 Cancellation fees are likely to be incurred on all confirmed reservations or bookings. Further, some tickets may be non-refundable or non-transferable. It is important to check the position with us before you confirm arrangements and/or before you cancel any confirmed reservations.
Should you need to change your booking there may be charges associated with the extra work and time needed to make the changes. These are in addition to any amendment charges that may be charged by suppliers. Substantial fees may be charged by airlines, hotels and tour operators and they will vary considerably from one to another as well as depending upon the time at which you cancel or amend your arrangements. The amount of each supplier’s cancellation or amendment fee is beyond our control and payment is solely your responsibility. We suggest that you consult the relevant brochure or ask us for advice.
3.2 Cancellations – Our current cancellation fees are detailed in the Schedule of Professional Services. These are in addition to any cancellation charges that may be charged by Service Providers holding reservations/bookings.
4. Airfares and tour prices may change (almost invariably by being increased) without prior notice and even though your arrangements have been confirmed. Such price increases are beyond our control.
5. If payment has not been made by the specified date, bookings may be cancelled.
6. If, of your own choice or circumstances, you do not avail yourself of any part of the arranged travel services or activities, you may or may not be entitled to a refund depending upon the refund policies and conditions as stated by the Service Provider(s). In any event to enable us to assist you in seeking a refund you must apply for refunds within ten days of completion of travel arrangements and have available the original unused tickets or vouchers, or where possible, written confirmation from the Service Provider(s) that the service was not availed and a refund is due. If we obtain a refund on your behalf, please note that a fee may be applicable as per our Schedule of Professional Services.
Passport and Visa Requirements
7. Prior to confirming your travel arrangements, you should check your Passport and establish that it will remain current for the entire period of your travel.
7. 1 Certain countries require that your Passport remains valid for a period of up to six months after the date upon which you are scheduled to leave such country. If your Passport expires less than six months after the date you are scheduled to leave such country you may be denied entry to that country.
7. 2 You should clarify visa requirements with the Embassies of the countries that you plan to visit as certain countries may require you to take out a visa whether you are travelling on a New Zealand or a foreign passport.
7. 3 The authorities in some countries (including Australia and USA) require holders of New Zealand passports to take out a visa for entry into their country where the traveller has been sentenced to imprisonment or been convicted of certain types of criminal offence. A visa may also be required where the traveller has a contagious disease of a specific type.
Re-entry Visas for New Zealand
8. Re-entry visas will be required for travellers leaving New Zealand holding a foreign passport. If you are a New Zealand citizen holding a foreign passport issued by a country which does not recognise duel citizenship you will not be granted a visa allowing you to re-enter New Zealand on your foreign passport after travelling overseas. N.B. It is most important that you make your own enquiries and satisfy yourself as to the position in regard to your passport and/or visa requirements before leaving New Zealand.
9. Certain countries require that travellers be vaccinated against specific diseases. Check with your doctor and the Embassies of countries to which you are to travel to satisfy yourself as to whether your destination has any requirements in this respect.
Checking your Travel Arrangements
10. We have exercised care in putting together the arrangements requested by you in regard to your travel and accommodation. It is important that you check all of the documentation handed to you in relation to your proposed travel and accommodation to ensure that it fully meets with your requirements and to ensure that there have been no misunderstandings.
11. If, in the course of your trip you do have an experience which is not to your satisfaction, we strongly recommend that you take the matter up with the Service Provider concerned at the time, or as soon as practicable in the circumstances. This provides the opportunity to have the matter discussed and investigated on the spot, with a report made while the facts are fresh in everybodys' minds. Hopefully a remedy can be negotiated then and there to enable you to continue enjoying your trip. While claims in connection with the services we provide will be governed by the laws of New Zealand, any claim or legal action against an overseas Service Provider will, in terms of their contract to supply, most likely be governed by the laws of their country. We have found from experience that it is difficult (in some countries impossible) to obtain redress once travel has been completed.
SCHEDULE OF PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
Fine Travel reserves the right to charge the following fees on a case by case basis:
Includes the valued expertise of a fully qualified Fine Travel professional. All reservations plus a comprehensive itinerary including destination information are included.
|Consultation Fee||from $30 per person or $80 per family|
|Transaction Fee||from $20 per person Domestic
from $50 per person International
DEPOSITS – NON REFUNDABLE*
|Domestic Travel||from $100 per person|
|International Travel||from $200 per person|
|Amendments (Before Documentation)||from $30 per amendment|
|Amendments (After Documentation)||from $50 per amendment|
|Ticket revalidations||from $50 per person|
|Ticket Re-issues||from $75 per person|
|Before full payment||minimum of $200 per person|
|After full payment – 10% of total travel Costs||minimum of $200 per person|
|Passport||from $50 per application|
|Visa||from $50 per application|
AIRLINE PROMOTIONAL OR FREQUENT FLYER BOOKINGS
|Domestic||from $50 per ticket|
|International||from $50 per ticket|
|Airline/Border Tax Collection||from $2 per tax|
|Replacement Documentation Charge||from $50 per person|
COMMUNICATION CHARGES (Urgent Confirmations)
|Domestic Phone Calls||from $5 per call (to max of $20)|
|International Phone Calls||from $10 per call (to max of $40)|
|Air ticket refund||from $50 per ticket|
|Land arrangements refund||from $50 per ticket|
URGENT BOOKING FEE*
|Bookings made within 24 hours of departure. . from $50 per booking|
|*Additional fees may apply from suppliers.|